Solved! HDMI Switcher output resolution changes to 1920 thereby cutting off audio

Oct 28, 2019
I have a Matrix 4x2 HDMI Switcher and a Le Smart TV . My inputs are DTH, XBox, Apple TV and Outputs are TV and Projector. I am facing the below problems:

a) My DTH is 1080p and set to that, but it automatically switches output to 1920 and there is no audio out from TV. To fix I have to remove the HDMI cables multiple times from the input and sometimes it back to 1080p

b) Out of the mentioned inputs only my DTH gets output on the projector. Neither Apple TV nor Xbox can be output on the Projector. The projector is connected via a 20 m HDMI cable to the Matrix 4x2 Switcher

Any suggestions are welcome!!!

Solution
HDMI can be really tricky especially with long cables.
The combination of source- cable- switcher- cable - projector will all affect whether you get a picture. Sometimes changing the order you turn on a source and select the input on the switcher or projector will help.
You can try connecting the projector cable directly to the non working sources. That won't tell you for sure whether the cable or switcher is the problem but it will help.
Not sure what you mean by switching to 1920 as 1080p is 1920 x 1080. When you have two displays and they are different resolution it can screw things up. Given that you are having multiple issues maybe a higher quality HDMI matrix switcher is something to try.
HDMI can be really tricky especially with long cables.
The combination of source- cable- switcher- cable - projector will all affect whether you get a picture. Sometimes changing the order you turn on a source and select the input on the switcher or projector will help.
You can try connecting the projector cable directly to the non working sources. That won't tell you for sure whether the cable or switcher is the problem but it will help.
Not sure what you mean by switching to 1920 as 1080p is 1920 x 1080. When you have two displays and they are different resolution it can screw things up. Given that you are having multiple issues maybe a higher quality HDMI matrix switcher is something to try.

Solution