Solution

Don't know about a worse picture, no clue how your setup looks like now or how the Android box you got looks with an HDMI converter. It's a bit like asking how will a Ferrari run if you glued it to the top of a VW Beetle and then ran that in a monster truck course, not a lot of people have tried doing it. I can tell you that text on a standard TV from a computer connection looks horrible. I tried doing this years ago for presentations, and power point on a TV from a computer was pretty much unreadable even at lower resolutions.

Not even close, HDMI is best for HD pictures at high resolutions, 720 or 1080 horizontal lines. A standard old TV has about 480 lines. Converting HDMI to the old connection will not look good especially using cheap parts to convert it.

And good equipment costs as much or more as replacing the TV.

Best solution, get a cheap used newer TV with HDMI, should be about $100 for a 32" screen, maybe even less if you look around for a week or so and check prices.

Hahahoha. NO Sir.

If old CRT can display picture quality equal to modern TV, why there would be no incentive for anybody to buy new stuff.

You are lucky there is a converter that will let you do this at all. No, if you attempt to display HD on a CRT (SD) the picture will look crappy to the max. You will probably need to adjust your playing box for SD go get a decent picture on the CRT.

SteelOwl

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
Will it be something like 480p? I just want to have a "normal" picture on TV, same quality like picture on that TV, nothing more. I was thinking of ordering the first item - cables. I will buy a modern TV for a 6-12 months.

Fair enough.

Dunno the answer, you will have to read through the reviews to gauge from actual experiences, or buy from somewhere you can return easy if unhappy.

Personally am very skeptical. It's all about BANDWIDTH. Your CRT can only take so many pixels thrown at it, and Android will attempt to take 3-4x many pixels, COMPRESSED into a SD signal and shove it to the CRT. Anytime stuff get compressed, quality goes down.

You are looking for magic.

That cable won't work, you need an active converter to go from HDMI to composite.

Don't know about a worse picture, no clue how your setup looks like now or how the Android box you got looks with an HDMI converter. It's a bit like asking how will a Ferrari run if you glued it to the top of a VW Beetle and then ran that in a monster truck course, not a lot of people have tried doing it. I can tell you that text on a standard TV from a computer connection looks horrible. I tried doing this years ago for presentations, and power point on a TV from a computer was pretty much unreadable even at lower resolutions.

Solution