HDMI will only connect to TV when plugged into the monitor.

Mumbutterfly

Estimable
Mar 18, 2015
The laptop screen doesn't work so I used to use it plugged into a monitor. But now I just want to use it plugged into TV via HDMI cable. But when I disconnect the monitor from the computer the tv can't find the signal. Any ideas for what I can do as I don't want the laptop connected to the monitor just the TV

asgard1123

Estimable
Feb 10, 2015

A lot of laptops need to be told which output port to use. Check the manual or if you have lost the manual you can usually find it on the manufacturers web site.

Check out the Fn key and top row of buttons on the keyboard for a television/monitor symbol it can usually be switched this way.

I have just discovered that my new television also needs to have the correct input port selected from its menu system in order to display the PC output.

asgard1123

Estimable
Feb 10, 2015

A lot of laptops need to be told which output port to use. Check the manual or if you have lost the manual you can usually find it on the manufacturers web site.

Check out the Fn key and top row of buttons on the keyboard for a television/monitor symbol it can usually be switched this way.

I have just discovered that my new television also needs to have the correct input port selected from its menu system in order to display the PC output.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Laptop Tech Support 0
Skhaloo Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 18
B Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1
darren12341234 Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
U Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 3
Similar threads
Question Lenovo Ideapad 100m151BD-charging cable loose connection & body coming apart
Question Acer aspire not charging, it's model N19H1 and I have tried the battery reset and also removing all connected peripherals, please assist?
Question Need help connecting Old USB Harmon/Kardon SoundSticks and new 2021 Dell XPS laptop
Question Losing internet connection only when in browser.
Question HP LAPTOP WILL CONNECT IN ONE ROOM & NOT ANOTHER
Question Connected my laptop to an external monitor that is 144hz and it doesnt show the 144hz option what do i do.
Laptop Battery 0% Available (Plugged in, Charging), When Connected to Universal Charger
Laptop charger connects and disconnects while laptop is plugged and battery inserted
I have a dell 15 3000 series. It was working fine. I had the a/c adapter plugged connected to it, the green indicator light
Trying to connect laptop to ZTE Zmax mobile hotspot getting error msg. "Plug cable into network adapter
Laptop charger connects and disconnects when plugged in
As I connecting my adaptor with laptop, adaptor light start flickering and laptop is not charging. When I plugged off adaptor
I have a new inspiron and I can't connect to an external monitor (vga) I bought a converter and plugged it into the hdmi port
Plug in microphone shuts off sound. Laptop is connected to HD t.v.
i have my vga connection plugged in to my laptop and my hdmi cable to the tv but it wont pick up still??? please help do i nee
As I connecting my adaptor with laptop, adaptor light start blinking and laptop is not charging. When I plugged off adaptor fr
Static noise when connected to speakers with AC adapter plugged in
Trying to connect PS3 to MSI AIO AG240, have plugged into HDMI IN port, but no joy, can't find instructions! Help!
toshiba satellite t110 wont start with battery connected, take battery out and plug charger in and it will work.
Charger Connected (green light lit), but shuts down once plugged into laptop

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS