Solved! HDTV as a gaming monitor?

bengeln

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
I've decided I'm going to buy a hdtv mainly as a computer monitor(which i'll be playing games with) and secondly for tv. Here's the tv I plan on getting http://www.frys.com/product/6179429 which is on sale for $600. It has a pc input and everything. So my question is if I were to get a more expensive tv with 120hz or 240hz would it make a difference? From what I understand is that a computer cannot go past 60hz, or if it does it will cause input lag? Also how will playing games on on a tv look and feel? Does anyone have a setup like this that can tell me more about it? If you do not believe this TV is good for pc gaming please let me know.

Thanks,

Brian

Solution
I have a 47" LG that I have hooked up to my computer as an occasional second display. I've tried some games on it and it does look sweet.

Anyways, it's the tv that smooths out the picture so I'd rather go with a 120hz. For movies, I dont have a problem with the quality. For a PC input, I just use an HDMI cable, I just want to go and find a regular old cable again I havent used an 15pin cable for 6 years.

popaholic

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I have a 47" LG that I have hooked up to my computer as an occasional second display. I've tried some games on it and it does look sweet.

Anyways, it's the tv that smooths out the picture so I'd rather go with a 120hz. For movies, I dont have a problem with the quality. For a PC input, I just use an HDMI cable, I just want to go and find a regular old cable again I havent used an 15pin cable for 6 years.

Solution