Headphone port on Logitech z333, wil it split audio/microphone signals?

DonoDonato

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
Hello,

I had once Logitech S-220 2.1 speaker system, that had 3.5mm cable split into Green-in and Pink-in, also two female jacks on the volume knob. I used to simply plug my headset into the two female jacks on the volume nob and i could hear/record audio.

Recently i upgraded to Logitech z213 2.1 system. AND it had only one 3.5mm jack to go into the PC and only one female jack on the volume rocker on the table. I also have Astro A10 headset. So i put Y splitter into my computer pink-in and gree-in. I plugged to it the single 3.5mm cable from speakers. And then i plugged my headset's single male jack into female jack on the volume rocker. Unfortunately it only plais music, but does not record my microphone. I tried many configurations nothing works. It's like the cable on the speakers doesnt split into audio and microphone.

Unpluging speaker and pluging in headset to the back of computer i absolute pain.

I am considering upgrading to Logitech Z333 2.1 system. But aprently it also has only one Headset port on it's volume rocker. So i am curious would it be able to split the audio and mic signal? Or is it some cheap cables? Anyone have any idea or recomendation on which system to get so i could plug my headset into the volume rocker on the table. Using computers front panel's jacks is not an option - they are too noisy (as most times).

My Motherboard is Gigabyte z170n wifi.

Thanks!

DonoDonato

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
Hi,
Thanks for the answer. But i use Mini-ITX motherboard and case and it has only one pCie slot which is occupied with the GPU. Yes, i did look up the soundboard solutions to that - i'd love that, but here i am, baring the consiquences of having a SFF computer :)

I guess i need to find some 2.1 audio system that has dual port or the 2x 3.5 mm jacks for audio and microphone. It's hard to find anything with such specs. As a matter of fact, all i lookde at have only 1 headphone port. Any systems someone can recomend or some other crazy solution? Price of system is not a problem, as long as it's compact enough and i have the comfort of plyging my headset somehere on the table and not in the back of my computer.

Thanks.