Headphone Sound Distorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Wesley

Estimable
Jul 19, 2014
For some reason all of a sudden my turtle beach elite pro is sounding weird. I have it hooked up to my pc and the audio sounds like i'm listening to someone blow air into a mic. I plugged it into my phone and it sounds fine and also when i unplug it from my pc, the audio from my pc speakers is fine. Not sure if it has to do with the bass or just overall sound, i noticed when i go into the headphones properties and then levels and lower the second bar to 50 it seems to take away the bad sound but i think its really just lowering the volume and bass as the bass is very weak compared to when i plug it in my phone. Any ideas for a fix?

Solution
Heave you tried any other headphones connecting to same audio jack ? I may be issue with headphones itself, I had similar issues and it was due to some issues with magnets in them, as my pc port had more power than phone port, magnet was stressed out and there were some issues, I doubt that it is case with your headphones, but it might. Still better try connecting speakers and other headphones to same audio jack you use.

Intel Fanboy 772

Estimable
Jan 25, 2016
Heave you tried any other headphones connecting to same audio jack ? I may be issue with headphones itself, I had similar issues and it was due to some issues with magnets in them, as my pc port had more power than phone port, magnet was stressed out and there were some issues, I doubt that it is case with your headphones, but it might. Still better try connecting speakers and other headphones to same audio jack you use.

Solution

King Wesley

Estimable
Jul 19, 2014
Well so for this particular headset it comes with a audio controller that has the jack it plugs into and then that just usbs to my pc so mabe something is wrong with the controller

Status
Not open for further replies.