Headphones and Speakers play in the same time.

radovtt

Estimable
Apr 11, 2015
Hello

I have laptop - Toshiba Satellite C50-D-A138. I have a problem with my headphones. When I plug in them into the jack they start work but the speakers also play in the same time. I tried System Restore, Updating Audio Drivers, Change OS but nothing.
My audio driver is IDT High Definition.OS - Windows 8.1

Can you help me please?

Solution
You need to enable "Front panel jack input detection" or its laptop equivalent. I myself disabled this because I wanted both headphones and speakers at the same time and I didn't want to keep plugging them in and out.

You can find the function in your audio driver's control panel, I can't tell you where exactly because even if you told me your driver make and model, they all don't have their button in the same place.

Find that and you should be good to go.

BigBadBeef

Estimable
May 30, 2014
You need to enable "Front panel jack input detection" or its laptop equivalent. I myself disabled this because I wanted both headphones and speakers at the same time and I didn't want to keep plugging them in and out.

You can find the function in your audio driver's control panel, I can't tell you where exactly because even if you told me your driver make and model, they all don't have their button in the same place.

Find that and you should be good to go.

Solution