Solved! Headphones can't be put in when I play Games

Oct 18, 2019
Hello!

Whenever I want to play a game on my Medion S6445 Laptop and need to use my headphones I need to put them in before I start the game or otherwise they won't work. If I load a game, for example Sims or Overwatch, and I put the headphones in during the process of the game opening up or it already being open the headphones won't work and the sound will continue to come from the laptop speakers.

When I don't have a program open though or put them in before opening one the headphones work just fine which means I always have to close the game again to put them in.

How can I fix this issue?

Solution
It sounds like this issue is within the game settings and not with the laptop itself. That you would have to check in them for.

However, on the laptop, you can check the following to make sure they are set up correctly..

1. Go to "Control Panel".
  2. Click on "Sound".
  3. Make sure you are on the "Playback" tab.
  4. Click on the headphones (they must be plugged in) to highlight them. Not to open.
  5. Right click on them and choose to set them as the "Default device".
  6. The click "Apply" and "OK".
  7. Now unplug the headphones and right click on the speakers. They should show as the default.

If that doesn't help, then it is the games that the problem is in.
It sounds like this issue is within the game settings and not with the laptop itself. That you would have to check in them for.

However, on the laptop, you can check the following to make sure they are set up correctly..

1. Go to "Control Panel".
  2. Click on "Sound".
  3. Make sure you are on the "Playback" tab.
  4. Click on the headphones (they must be plugged in) to highlight them. Not to open.
  5. Right click on them and choose to set them as the "Default device".
  6. The click "Apply" and "OK".
  7. Now unplug the headphones and right click on the speakers. They should show as the default.

If that doesn't help, then it is the games that the problem is in.

Solution