I switched from 32bits Win7 to 64bits yestarday and installed all drivers etc, my sound worked perfectly until this morning. I looked in sound settings and it seems my headphones can't be detected neither in front or back panel. I'm using Realtek by the way.
Does it work with a different headset or does the headset work onto a different PC?
- Start by uninstalling/reinstall the sound driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the sound driver.
- Reboot your laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the reboot check sound settings again and see if your headphones will be detected.
- Right click on it if it's detected and select Set Defaults then click Apply and OK.
- If these doesn't work please do provide us more details about your laptop like model number and etc.