rrod14

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
What are the best headphones that I can get for $100.

I want the headphones to be good for gaming, music, and watching movies.

Is the Asus Xonar DG a good sound card for headphones?

Solution
if in the usa you can pick up a pair of ath-m50's on ebay open box but new for $99 with free shipping. in terms of audio quality they are great for that price. closed design with a small soundstage so not generally bought for gaming though they will work. excellent for everything else. they do have a bassy sound signature.

if you definitely wanted open cans for the soundstage for gaming and a little bass but not bassy sound then the hd558 run about $110 and should fit the role great.

if you are more of a budget shopper the creative aurvana live! mentioned earlier is a good choice for the money however i think the hd558 or m50 are a bit nicer if you have the cash.

the ad700x mentioned is about $110 as well and is great for...

theLeggo

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014
Best is very subjective. First, do you want open or closed headphones? Open will leak sound so others nearby will hear you, and you will hear other people nearby. If open is fine, sennheiser hd558 are always recommend in the ~$100 bracket, along with ad700x.

If you need isolation at all you want closed. In which case you may be able to find a pair of AKG K550s or ath-a900x used for 100. If you want new, Creative Aurvana live! are pretty good for around 60-80.

if in the usa you can pick up a pair of ath-m50's on ebay open box but new for $99 with free shipping. in terms of audio quality they are great for that price. closed design with a small soundstage so not generally bought for gaming though they will work. excellent for everything else. they do have a bassy sound signature.

if you definitely wanted open cans for the soundstage for gaming and a little bass but not bassy sound then the hd558 run about $110 and should fit the role great.

if you are more of a budget shopper the creative aurvana live! mentioned earlier is a good choice for the money however i think the hd558 or m50 are a bit nicer if you have the cash.

the ad700x mentioned is about $110 as well and is great for competitive gamers since you can pinpoint sound location easily due to the huge soundstage and low bass output. the problem is that they are also very boring headphones since they have almost zero bass response so are not so nice for music and movies.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS