Headphones plugged in sound from tv stopped for other viewers.

neilu

Prominent
Nov 28, 2017
I need to use head phones to hear tv but when I plug into audio out it stops the tv sound and so other viewers can't hear. I of course can hear well !
I use Panasonic head phones and a Samsung tv previously I had a Panasonic tv and when head phones plugged in the sound still came from tv so my wife could here as well.
Is there anything I can do
Neil

Most TVs operate the way your current TV does. When you plug in the headphones the jack in the TV is designed to break a connection to the TV speakers. You can bypass this by opening the set and soldering a jumper to make that connection permanent. If you don't have the skills any TV tech should be able to do it at reasonable cost.
It might void the warranty on the TV though.
The other option is to connect a soundbar and your headphones to the headphone jack with a splitter.

Most TVs operate the way your current TV does. When you plug in the headphones the jack in the TV is designed to break a connection to the TV speakers. You can bypass this by opening the set and soldering a jumper to make that connection permanent. If you don't have the skills any TV tech should be able to do it at reasonable cost.
It might void the warranty on the TV though.
The other option is to connect a soundbar and your headphones to the headphone jack with a splitter.

neilu

Prominent
Nov 28, 2017

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Streaming Video & TVs 5
T Streaming Video & TVs 0
nik0sl Streaming Video & TVs 3
jcdole Streaming Video & TVs 3
D Streaming Video & TVs 3
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1