Solved! Headset audio not working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

COOLGUY173633

Prominent
Nov 1, 2020
So, I have a gaming headset (ROG Delta core) which works just fine, because i pluged it into another computer which has a headset jack where i didnt need to use the headphone splitter in that other computer lets name the computer in which the headset works fine computer A and my computer "B" ,So in computer "B",where the headset does not work properly,the haedset connects to that computer via the audio jack and the mic jack but the headset has 3.5mm single connection wire so I used the jack splitter which came with the headset in the box so i think its an issue with the jacks in computer "B" ,in "B" it has the old school two jack connection and the audio works fine,but the sound is not in stereo and the mic does not work the odd part is the mic records my computers noses such as lets say for an example, I play a YT video in the background and turn on voice record when I play back the Audio recorded i can hear my voice barely and can hear the YT videos sound, I have boosted the audio in the mic and turn on stereo mix done all what the internet has said to do they all fail so its not an issue with headset because it works perfectly fine in computer "A" so yea thanks for time pls help i spend a lot on this headset 😢

Solution
check that the connection is plugged tightly, try the back ports and front ports of computer B for testing

Stereo mix is playing computer sounds instead or in addition to the mic sounds, disable stereo mix

Set the mic in windows sounds menu as default recording device

Which motherboard are you using in computer A and B?
check that the connection is plugged tightly, try the back ports and front ports of computer B for testing

Stereo mix is playing computer sounds instead or in addition to the mic sounds, disable stereo mix

Solution

COOLGUY173633

Prominent
Nov 1, 2020

Computer "A" is a dell laptop and Computer "B" has a asus prime H310M-E
They way you told did not work but today I tried the headphones on an android phone it worked without any issues even the mic worked the issue ouccrs when the 3.5mm jack splitter is used but in computer "B" when i plugged the 3.5mm jack to the audio port only the left side of the speaker is working so that boils down wether the 3.5mm jack splitter is causing the issue or something wrong inside the computer and by the way this computer is also brand new but was put together by hand "Custom made gaming PC" there more info for you thanks for reaching out for help!:D

COOLGUY173633

Prominent
Nov 1, 2020

By the way I get odd buzz sounds when i turn on playback in mic and the pitch increces when i turn the play back volume down.and lower vise versa

had a similar problem with a USB to 3.5 adapter, where it was really heavy to connect the to connectors. Be sure the the splitter adapter and the headphone are connected really tight.

Other than that, try a different splitter or RMA the headphone/splitter

COOLGUY173633

Prominent
Nov 1, 2020
So I Pushed on the 3.5mm jack firmly it requied a huge ammout of force it went in and at first in the front 3.5mm jacks it did not work but I tryed rear 3.5mm jacks and stereo works and the mic works THANK YOU!!:eek: but one really small problem I can hear the background sound slightly :unsure: anyways thanks you !! really appreciated ! thanks for your time if you can I would really mean a lot if you could figure out the that small issue anyways you have done enough help to make my day !!!! Bye!

Reactions: helpstar
Status
Not open for further replies.