gireo

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014
I plug in my headset and PC detects it. But the problem is that there is no sound coming trough and no sound is being detected (by the microphone). This happens on the front and the back jacks. But it does work if i plug them in the monitor, which is OK, but there is no microphone jack on it. As far as I know, my drivers are up to date, I'm using Realtek HD Audio Manager and use GAMECOM 388 headset. I did set it as a default playback device and the green bars are jumping up and down but still no sound (in or out). I checked and nothing is muted. I am thinking that maybe the graphic card may be overriding the default audio, but I'm not sure. As mentioned before, sound works trough monitor (connected to graphic card via HDMI).

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

What GPU do you have? For example if it's a nvidia card, if you have NVIDIA HD audio drivers installed try uninstalling those.

Is there a mute switch anywhere on the actual cables coming from the headset that might be switched off?

gireo

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014

Ok, I'll try that. Please, do stick around for a while in case I need you again. BTW, I have AMD Radeon HD 7850 graphic card.

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

Although if it works when you plug it into your monitor then It may not be software-related... this may point to the motherboard as the possible culprit. What motherboard do you have? And you said you had the realtek HD audio driver installed, is that the correct driver for your mobo? Did you check the realtek audio configuration & settings?

gireo

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014

I have GA-H77-DS3H mobo and I think that Realtek HD... came with it.

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

If you still can't get it to work I would uninstall any audio driver/software, then install the audio driver for your mobo ("Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip") from here:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4146#dl

(You'll have to select your OS)

Where did you install the realtek HD audio driver from initially? A disc that came with the motherboard/PC?

gireo

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014

Firstly, I accidentally clicked your post as a solution.
Second, yes it did come with the mobo.

gireo

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014
I did uninstall all audio drivers and then reinstalled only Realtek from the link you gave me, but there still wasn't any sound. Could there be something wrong with the motherboard?