Headset buzzing noise

NoobxCamper

Estimable
Jul 19, 2015
I have a G.Skill Ripjaws SR910 7.1 real surround headset.

It was working fine. But recently, it started making these noises which sounds like someone is blowing into the headset.

This happens when I am just, doing nothing, and it happens especially when I hover my mouse over tabs on my google chrome browser, or even in my steam client, when I hover the mouse over the "STORE LIBRARY COMMUNITY" tabs, as well as when I scroll down through the store. It is really starting to annoy me, and I do not know what's causing it. I tried changing USB ports, no luck. :/

This headset is fairly new and I'd hate to find out something is wrong with it. Any ideas? No driver updates btw.

If it helps, I am running Windows 10 64-bit.

NoobxCamper

Estimable
Jul 19, 2015

Yeah it has always been in the rear usb ports. I tried putting it in the front, no luck. I think USB headsets just suck, because my normal jack headset was working just fine. I still wanna fix this one too! :( ..

1) No such thing as "real surround" when it comes to headphones. You have two ears, and need only two independent sources.
2) Now that that's out of the way, consider using a USB hub with wall adapter for power. That should isolate your headphones from whatever is causing issues.

NoobxCamper

Estimable
Jul 19, 2015

It's not like I printed the name on the box, that's what the box says. The two G.Skill Ripjaws are both 7.1 surround. One is virtual and the other is real. I was stating that mine was real so the models are not confused. But if I use a wall adapter for power... how is the audio information supposed to be transferred from my PC to my headset? O_O? ... The USB isn't only for power, it also serves as the audio/mic jack.

Looks like you have a lot of studying to do.
1) What's on the box usually isn't much more than a marketing company's failed attempt at using real words.
2) You plug the USB hub into a USB port on your computer, and the power for that hub into an outlet. Don't tell me you've never used a USB hub....
3) It does NOT act as an audio/mic jack. It is the connection between the sound "card" built into the headset and your computer. It's basically a slower, laggier PCIe slot, not a speaker out/mic in.

NoobxCamper

Estimable
Jul 19, 2015

Yes. I know it's a marketing technique. But again, to differentiate one from the other. But moving on. No I haven't used a USB Hub before, I have nothing really to need it for, I only connect the basics to my pc. Mouse, keyboard and my phone charger. This is my first USB headset so that's an extra. I think I have a USB hub lying around here somewhere thought, I'll take a look at it. Thanks for the advice so far, I'll report back if I find it and with the results <3

Just remember that it must be one with a wall adapter (external power), or else it won't do anything.