Headset only plays through left ear on PC, works fine on phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

poptart999

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Hi, so my headset started being wonky a few weeks ago. When I tried to use it on my PC one day, it would only play out of the left ear. I wondered if the headset was broken but when I plugged it into my phone, it worked perfectly. I tried all the obvious stuff like plugging it in a different USB port but got nothing different. I think I disabled it somehow on my PC. Any suggestions?

http://us.creative.com/p/gaming-headsets/sound-blaster-tactic3d-rage-usb link to headset

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Try this

Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> manage audio devices>under the playback tab click on the device you're using from the list shown> properties> levels>balance> you should see two sliders for the left and right side of your headset.

See if one of them is on zero (muted).

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
Try this

Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> manage audio devices>under the playback tab click on the device you're using from the list shown> properties> levels>balance> you should see two sliders for the left and right side of your headset.

See if one of them is on zero (muted).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: phuoc2205
Solution

poptart999

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013

They were both on 100. Still no noise from right speaker.

poptart999

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013

Am pretty sure it was updated, but went ahead and downloaded and installed all the latest stuff I could find, then rebooted. Still no luck.

bobaustin122227

Estimable
Jul 21, 2015

Joseph_Needs_Helps

Estimable
Oct 2, 2015

I am having a similar problem with my turtlebeaches. They work fine on my desktop but when I insert the green headset audio jack into the audio drive, it just doesn't work on either side.. But, if I pull it out and leave it in about halfway, it plays through the left headset and if I push it in a little more it works on the right side, all the way in makes it not work at all. Maybe I have a broken audio drive?

Daniel_135

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016
Go to Control Panel/ Hardware and Sound/ Manage Audio devices/Properties of your headphones/Advance/ Your default format may be "CD Quality" or else. Choose the last one~ I'm using "Studio Quality" 129000Hz. Try it! It worked for me! I had the same problem , tried the balance solutions but nothing worked

Daniel_135

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016

Go to Control Panel/ Hardware and Sound/ Manage Audio devices/Properties of your headphones/Advance/ Your default format may be "CD Quality" or else. Choose the last one~ I'm using "Studio Quality" 129000Hz. Try it! It worked for me! I had the same problem , tried the balance solutions but nothing worked

Chris_Kaneda

Estimable
Feb 5, 2016
Hey, so I know this is pretty late. But, if there's a cable and two inputs

The USB should be plugged into an "external" USB power source. You could use another computer's USB. I use a USB plugin like the one they use for phone chargers. The USB ports on your machine may not be adequate enough to power your headset entirely.

Uh... mic goes into mic port on PC, earphone goes into earphone port on PC, USB goes on an external power source.

FEMMANerino

Commendable
Feb 10, 2016

i have the same issue but with the right ear phone left one works fine with bass and center sounds but if the sounds come from the left i hear it on the right...

Status
Not open for further replies.