Headset problems with rig 500hx

davinstein

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
I recently ordered a headset from plantronics, it's a rig 500hx and I bought the adapter it recommended. I received it today and the audio sounds completely trash, keep in mind this entire headset + adapter cost me 110 dollars or around that. The bass is extremely low and the quality of sounds I receive are worst then my older headset. I've tried and used multiple audio modifiers but I'm not too sure on how to use them, (equalizer.apo, peace gui etc) If you can help at all that'd be amazing, thanks ~ dave

TemplarBlood

Estimable
Sep 17, 2014
the issue is the headset itself , probably a defective unit , or the adapter itself , my recommendation would be to either get a amp/dac with wall plug for audio and a usb mic for voice , alittle higher in price but you can remove almost all noise and get a cleaner sound ( i use a mixer for my entire audio and mic setup) , if you want a suggestion , i recommend you look on youtube for z reviews , he knows alot about amp/dacs and all that considering he does all the audio equipment reviews i trust lol , in terms of usb headsets , after running through dozens of pairs , i can highly recommend without much backlash a better selection of non headset products

davinstein

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017

It works fine on all other devices, If anyone could help me use a program like equalizer.apo or peace gui then I could fix it, I know the basics of it but not sure what each slider does and it dramatically effects my headset.