Headsets: SteelSeries Siberia V2 or Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma?

FemCrusader

Estimable
Sep 29, 2014
I'm looking at buying a new headset for my PC. I'm looking for both in-game performance and music. The reason I don't want headphones is because I really need a mic and I don't have space on my table to buy a separate mic.

The two headsets I'm looking at are SteelSeries Siberia V2 (3.5mm jacks, Stereo config) and Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma (USB 7.1 config). The Razer in this case is a bit more expensive. Right now I'm wearing the NaVi edition of Siberia's, but I've been thinking to send them back and buy Razer ones, because I was expecting something more from the sound quality to be honest. Also I've heard that Razer has bass amplification and since I've listened to my friends headphones which also have it I've been really wanting to get something with it myself for a long time.

So, question is: is Razer worth buying? Also, how does it compare in terms of comfort? And is the sound in them still clear like with Siberia's or does bass amplification make mid-tones sound a lot worse?

Solution
I don't understand these plug and play commenters, take 20 minutes and learn synapse you can change these to normal stereo which is best for FPS games or have them set to 7.1 for music which actually sounds amazing with the bass boost and some EQ/AUDIO changes which all can be set to each application u use and controlled from synapse which is automatically worth it i've had the siberia's before 2x before giving up and getting money back( both broke roughly 6 months in) there the exact same for FPS games but the music quality isnt as good and have no audio settings for them to change it at all if ur looking for a gaming headset only these are the same as siberia's I would say, but if ur looking for a headset that has good music quality...

JoneD

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
I would go with Siberia V2. Razer makes quality mices and keyboards but take my advice and stay far from their headsets, don't waste your money.

Loose Goose

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014
Don't know it is too late, but if I were you I would pick the set of normal headphones that are best sound in your budget and spend $50 extra for a mod mic.. Best headset ever!

Edit: And I'll 2nd the notion to stay away from razer headsets. I had a impulse buy and got some kraken pros not long ago. They look decent, but that is where decency ends. Uncomfortable, bad audio quality, mic is nothing special. Worst purchase ever!

LuRkGoD

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014
I don't understand these plug and play commenters, take 20 minutes and learn synapse you can change these to normal stereo which is best for FPS games or have them set to 7.1 for music which actually sounds amazing with the bass boost and some EQ/AUDIO changes which all can be set to each application u use and controlled from synapse which is automatically worth it i've had the siberia's before 2x before giving up and getting money back( both broke roughly 6 months in) there the exact same for FPS games but the music quality isnt as good and have no audio settings for them to change it at all if ur looking for a gaming headset only these are the same as siberia's I would say, but if ur looking for a headset that has good music quality for 100$ a good mic and tons of customization to it these are by far best ,the only cons are that it comes with a small cable, no volume mixer & no 3.5MM female jack for ipods etc so u gotta buy the female usb to 3.5 which should be included in the box for 100$, and also razer mice and keyboards are still very good all my friends who have steel series sensei and rival usually just get a deathadder because the steel series mice break, ive had my deathadder for 5 years no problems which got me to buy razer products.

Solution

FemCrusader

Estimable
Sep 29, 2014
To anyone who is interested in what I ended up chosing - I went with Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma shortly after I posted this thread, since I found them at a pretty low price point at the moment of purchase, only £10 more than the Siberia V2's.
Upon their arrival, I immediately fell in love with the design, however was very disappointed with audio quality at first. BUT, once I found out that there is an equalizer and the option to set sound to 2.0 Stereo for my music, I never regretted my decision to exchange Siberia for them. As LuRkGoD said above, it just takes a few minutes to fiddle with the settings and then you can forget about it and enjoy the quality.
I feel like the mic is also somewhat a step-up from the Siberia V2s, so I'm very satisfied with my purchase despite the answers in this thread.

Anyhow, thanks to all of you guys for help! I guess in the end it's simply a matter of preference or something...