Heaphones are really low?

koolkid49

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014
Hi. So I'm using my headphones in the rear port of my computer. It gives it a better quality and it also makes my microphone actually work. However, the audio is really low. It feels like the audio is around 50% when the it's n 100%. My computer also detects my headphones as speakers. I have Realtek High Definition Audio and I tried updating my drivers but windows says they're up to date. Any help?

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
You can try enabling loudness equalization and see if that helps. If you've tried your headphones with other devices and determined your computer is not capable of running at your desired volume you would need to look into a headphone amplifier.

What impedance are your headphones and what audio chipset does your motherboard have?

koolkid49

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014

I see that other people are having the same issues. Realtek is detecting my headphones as a sound system instead of a headset. Someone said they tried retasking it to headphones but I can't seem to do that.

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
I doubt whether they detect it as a soundsystem or headphones will affect the volume output it is capable of. Which Realtek audio chipset do you have? Which headphones do you have? Perhaps your motherboard has a weak amp or the headphones are high impedance (need a good amp to drive).