Question Hello My Packard bell onetwo s3270 will not boot up.

nrhenllys

Commendable
Oct 20, 2018
Hello
My Packard bell onetwo s3270 will not boot up. It shows the power is on. I have tried the switch on power button 3 times but nothing happens. Screen is still black.

I can take the computer apart but I would not know what to look for that is faulty to get a new part online.

Any help appreciated. thank you

Don't take it apart unless you know what you are doing. There is very little inside that you can repair. Does it do anything at all when you push the power button? Does the power on light come on? Was the battery good last time you used it? It is possible the charger is bad and the battery is drained. You can try another charger if you can get your hands on one. It needs to be a proper charger for your machine. Just because the plug fits doesn't mean it is a compatible charger.

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
what shows the power is on? are there any noises like fans and drives working? since this is a AIO, did you check the power cable or surge protector it might be plugged into. Try pressing and holding the power button for about a minute.

nrhenllys

Commendable
Oct 20, 2018
Thank you for you reply.
It not a laptop. It 2 in 1 desktop and it not touchscreen and needs power cable to it switch on. The power button lights up and I can hear the fan . I have powered it ups a few times but except for the fan nothing else comes on.

There are any number of failures that could cause what you are seeing. The display could be bad, something on the motherboard could be bad, etc. If the hard drive was bad, you should see a message on the display. I don't know if this machine can connect to an external display, but you could try that if such a connection exists. You can also shine a flashlight on the display. If you see dim characters, the backlight is bad. Probably time to take it to a repair shop.

Reactions: mejustsayin

nrhenllys

Commendable
Oct 20, 2018
There are any number of failures that could cause what you are seeing. The display could be bad, something on the motherboard could be bad, etc. If the hard drive was bad, you should see a message on the display. I don't know if this machine can connect to an external display, but you could try that if such a connection exists. You can also shine a flashlight on the display. If you see dim characters, the backlight is bad. Probably time to take it to a repair shop.
I have taken the cover