HELP About laptop

Aug 15, 2018
I have a toshiba satellite laptop; the screen is broken so it is connected to a monitor. I was watching a movie but then it suddenly restarted(no restart scheduled, charger plugged in, no viruses). I waited, but still it won't turn on. So I turned it off(by pressing the power button longer), but when I turned it on again, the same problem occured, HDD light was on but no display was flashed on the monitor.

So I did the reboot thing, I remove everything connected(monitor, USB, mouse, battery) but when I put the battery back and turned the pc on, The HDD light was not on anymore, only the power LED, Also, there's still no display on the monitor.

WHAT SHOULD I DO? HUHU

Solution
It is most likely overheated and something has give way. Chance is that the gpu is broken. Is the screen broken because of a severe damage, like a fall to the floor? In that case anything or nothing could be broken loose - even the mobo itself may have being damaged due to mecanical stress.

Grobe

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
It is most likely overheated and something has give way. Chance is that the gpu is broken. Is the screen broken because of a severe damage, like a fall to the floor? In that case anything or nothing could be broken loose - even the mobo itself may have being damaged due to mecanical stress.

Solution