HELP! BSOD every 5-30 minutes KMODE_exception_not_handled

jt2016

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016
Hi there!
i've been getting quite a few BSODs lately (Driver_not_less_that_or_equal, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED "intelppm.sys") and don't quite know what's causing it. I've done a memtest, with no peculiar results, as well as updated my drivers. My hard drive isn't making any weird noises before it crashes.
I hope that my attached minidump files can be of some help, im not quite sure about what to make of it : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvoOeRZ6-q-YjXddE01Fm3OfNVpj

This all seems to have started when I was automatically updated to Windows 10 (I don't recall it having happened before), however that was quite some time ago. I've only recently started using this computer again, as I've left a job where a computer had been provided to me, but this computer is less than a year old and hardly used.

Some system info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-535GPNN
System Manufacturer TOSHIBA
System Model Satellite C55t-C
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU PSCPLU
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-5020U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date INSYDE Corp. 5.20, 11-Jan-16
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 5.00
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer FF50

Thanks for any help any one can give.

Solution

GameFreak01048

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
Hello!

What you could try to do is run startup repair.

If you have your windows 10 disc, put it into the disc drive and continually press either F2 or F12 so that you can change the boot order, set the CD/DVD drive as the first boot device and then restart the laptop.

When you get to the Windows 10 repair screen there should be an option called something like "Advanced options" or "repair your PC" and what you are looking for is an option called "Startup repair".

This will take a look at your laptop and see if anything is going wrong and it will attempt to fix it for you :)

If you can't find the disc then open CMD by typing "cmd.exe" when you press Windows+R and type "shutdown /o" and your computer will restart and go into advanced options :)

jt2016

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016

Hi. I get that far and get "start up repair couldn't repair your PC"

GameFreak01048

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016

Ah ok, in that case unfortunately you will have to do a clean install, so in the same advanced options menu there should be an option called reset your pc, please be aware that this will wipe everything from your drive and fresh install windows 10.

If you can, try to back up your data that you want to keep to an external device so that you can put your data back on once the fresh install is done :)

jt2016

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016

You're going to one scratching your head with this one--already did that two days ago, and it exacerbated the problem! I don't have the DVD so I'm not quite sure what to do from here (is it possible there's an error in my Win10 update and that's why the error stuck around?)

GameFreak01048

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016

Hmm....that's very odd, maybe it was a dirty install instead of clean :D Try and get in touch with Toshiba Support on the phone and they might be able to help you out a bit.

Did you install any drivers when you did a clean install or did you leave it alone? if you completely leave it alone and not install anything extra on Windows then it should be alright.....i definitely am scratching my head with this one :D

Solution