Help building a 2 in 1 'super' laptop

Bennett -Redacted-

Estimable
Feb 15, 2015
Backround
I really like the new '2 in 1 laptops', but most of the commercially sold laptops can have extremely low quality to price ratios and don't have anywhere near the hardware I want. I also like gaming laptops, but those also have a high price tag and only marginally have the hardware I want.

The problem
Unfortunately, I cannot find anyone selling custom built/gaming 2 in 1s (not even for a good price). I know that building a custom desktop pc allows a person to save a lot of money, so I want to try and build a gaming 2 in 1 laptop.

Help
If I go the custom build route, I know where and how I would purchase internal components, but I worry more about the 'exterior'. I don't know where I could get a 2 in 1 laptop 'case' (ideally I'd want to see if I could get a very high resolution touch screen maybe even 4k :love:)

Motherboard with laptop 'case'
I also don't know if a motherboard would come with the case. How would I go about choosing the right motherboard if it didn't come with the case.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
I think what you seek does not exist. The thing with laptops and this is especially true of ultrabooks, 2-in-1s and small form factor laptops is that the customization you want just isn't there. The hardware that's made for those laptops is made specifically for those laptops and you can't add or remove anything or it just won't work. Really super high end laptops allow use of third party CPUs and GPUs but even then using them could violate your warranty. It would take a lot to power a full size motherboard, CPU, and GPU in a small form factor case and even then your battery life would be extremely limited.

Bennett -Redacted-

Estimable
Feb 15, 2015

So I'd have to completely design my own 2 in 1 if I want good hardware in it.

TRENDING THREADS