help choosing head phones technical questions virtual surrond and reguler surround sound

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
am trying to find a good pair of headphones budget is between 100 and 250

important I read somewhere not sure if accurate or not that there's a major difference between headphones that are surround sound capable and virtual surround sound with the former being better of the two. is this accurate?

also to that question https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/siberia-840 this says its virtual surround sound in first paragraph, how can it be virtual surround when its so expensive and a flag ship for that company? which is supposableysecond class to surround sound.

ok now comfort is the absolute must here, but I also want real good sound quality. I play mostly mmo's like guild wars 2, I do like titan fall and although it never hurts to have headphones for multi purpose and for first person shooters I play few first person shooters however never hurts to have gaming headphones. long hours of play comfort and wireless I want to have for sure. Sennheiser looks like a good company but from what I can tell they don't have any that are wireless.

also important question. is wireless headphones do they loose quality in beig wireless as apposed to cordered

Solution
A couple of models from friends of mine. Not shure of the models though. I remeber a Tiamat though. Not even close to the quality of the Clouds.

Meanwhile you can check this page. Maybe it can clarify things a bit: http://www.soundencore.com/the-best-surround-sound-headphones-2016/

What I mean with this is only that you will be better of with some good Virtual Surround Headsets when compared with the real surround headsets due to the size of the drivers hurting the sound quality.
If you want to go for the expensive ones go with the Logitech G930 for example.

chegalhavara

Commendable
May 7, 2016
If you want confort with very good sound quality and a virtual 7.1 go with the Kingston HyperX Cloud II. And you dont even need to spend a lot of money. Just google or youtube it for reviews.

Btw this is the Graphic Cards Section of the Forum.. :p

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
no if virtual surround is worse then surround then I want regular surround sound not virtual. ima be getting into 4k gamming so sound will be very important part of that although on a budget monthly am looking ahead and wont mind spending the extra if is worth it100-250 budget would be pointless to spend 150 if for 25$ more u get much better quality if you know what I mean

chegalhavara

Commendable
May 7, 2016
The "real" Surround headsets usually have poorer sound quality due to the smaller drivers "cramped" together. Most of the reviews I've read and the couple of of real surround Headsets I've tried dont even come close to the quality of the 53mm drivers of the Cloud II. And the 7.1 Virtual Surround works very very well with a mind blowing quality.
I tried these suckers once after reading and watching reviews in youtube and I bought them the same day. Best and most confortable Headsets I ever tried.

chegalhavara

Commendable
May 7, 2016
A couple of models from friends of mine. Not shure of the models though. I remeber a Tiamat though. Not even close to the quality of the Clouds.

Meanwhile you can check this page. Maybe it can clarify things a bit: http://www.soundencore.com/the-best-surround-sound-headphones-2016/

What I mean with this is only that you will be better of with some good Virtual Surround Headsets when compared with the real surround headsets due to the size of the drivers hurting the sound quality.
If you want to go for the expensive ones go with the Logitech G930 for example.

Solution

chegalhavara

Commendable
May 7, 2016
Btw with the Razer Tiamat I also tried the Roccat Kave in a store. I still prefer my Clouds.
I am not saying they are bad. Both the Tiamat and the Kave. They are really good headsets. But in my case I really fell in love with the sound quality (and amazing confort) of the Clouds.
Btw if the Mic quality is also important to you you should really try the G930. The mic is waaay better than the Clouds. As for the mic goes the Cloud doesnt go further as "decent".