help connect soundbar - thanks in advance.

May 11, 2018
I have a Proscan TV - not a smart TV. I also have a laptop that is not bluetooth but I added a bluetooth USB adapter to it. I am trying to attach a soundbar. I have attached red and white cables in the matched places on the TV and to the soundbar. The soundbar tells me the battery charge is low so I can charge it. That's as far as I can go. It LOOKS like it should work, but it doesn't. Obviously I need help. ALL I REALLY WANTED IS A SOUNDBAR THAT ATTACHES TO THE TV AND PLUGS IN THE WALL SO THE TINNY SOUND ON THE TV IS BETTER. I DON'T NEED ANYTHING ELSE. Since that seems impossible, Can anybody help me without making me feel like an idiot? Please?

Solution
You don't have to YELL to get your point across.
You don't tell us the make and models of the TV and soundbar so we can only guess what connections you have available.
Most TVs don't have analog audio outputs so you may have used an audio input which has the same color RCAs. If the TV has a headphone jack then use that.
Most TVs only have optical audio output. If the soundbar has that use a toslink optical cable. If the soundbar only have analog inputs you will need an optical to analog converter. You may have to turn the optical output on, the TV speakers off, and change the audio type in the TV menu to get it working.
I have never heard of a soundbar with batteries. They all plug in since they are not portable or meant to be used...
You don't have to YELL to get your point across.
You don't tell us the make and models of the TV and soundbar so we can only guess what connections you have available.
Most TVs don't have analog audio outputs so you may have used an audio input which has the same color RCAs. If the TV has a headphone jack then use that.
Most TVs only have optical audio output. If the soundbar has that use a toslink optical cable. If the soundbar only have analog inputs you will need an optical to analog converter. You may have to turn the optical output on, the TV speakers off, and change the audio type in the TV menu to get it working.
I have never heard of a soundbar with batteries. They all plug in since they are not portable or meant to be used outside. Get the TV working and then worry about BT from the laptop.

Solution
May 11, 2018
Thanks for your answer. Sorry - didn't mean to yell. The soundbar really does have a lithium battery built in. The instruction booklet is so poorly translated that I can't figure it out. Neither the box nor the unit has a model number but the maker is Honest Kin. TV is Proscan PLDED4897A. I give up. This little piece of plastic has taken enough of my time and patience. I'll get used to the tinny sound eventually.