Help connecting my old tv to a new sound system

jshreiner

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017
I have a Mitsubishi wd-65737 65" DLP tv and I just bought a Philips Zenit wireless surround sound system and I can't get it to work. My tv has regular av jacks as well as HDMI & digital audio inputs. The new sound system has HDMI arc output, HDMI input, optical, is and 3.5mm aux jack. I bought a red & white audio/ optical converter at best buy, but it doesn't work. I also tried a regular HDMI cable first, that didn't work either. I've ordered a red & white audio cable with a 3.5mm end, don't know if it will actually help. I was also thinking about getting a new HDMI arc capable cable and trying that. I have several things plugged into the tv already. DVD player, Wii and dish network satellite box. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jshreiner

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017

Thank you so much for your help. I bought the converter that you suggested, as well as the corresponding cables and now my system works perfectly. I'm so glad that I don't have to take it back, it sounds really good. All thanks to you kanewolf. You definitely helped make my day. :)