Help connecting Sony Bravia to Onkyo receiver

cyberwraith05

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
I have a Sony Bravia HDTV that is currently connected to an Onkyo receiver and I need to get sound FROM the TV to the receiver.

I currently have my sources (pc, ps3, xbox 360, laptop) connected to the receiver via HDMI cables and blutooth. From there the signals are sent via one HDMI out from the receiver to one of the TV's HDMI in ports.

I just set up my netflix through my TV (My TV is connected to my wifi internet and the TV itself can get onto my netflix account). I selected the netflix button on my Bravia's remote and this changes to the netflix screen on my tv. I selected something to watch but got no sound through my receiver. I connected an HDMI cable from my TV to an available HDMI in port on the receiver, tuned to that channel and still no sound form the TV's netflix... wat do?

cyberwraith05

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
My HDMI out from the receiver to the HDMI on my TV is on the ARC port, so it should be returning audio upstream to my receiver. Now I'm starting to thing I just don't have something selected correctly on my receiver end.

...and yes, I am using an HDMI 1.4 cables

Wolfshadw

Splendid
Could you be more specific about what components you have? Which Sony Bravia HDTV do you have and which Onkyo Receiver do you have? As I understand it, it's not just a matter of using HDMI 1.4 cables, but each component (HDTV and Receiver) need to be HDMI 1.4 compliant. Can you verify that each component is?

-Wolf sends

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
K Streaming Video & TVs 3