Help connecting turntable and receiver to PC/PC Speakers

rogue74

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
Hello,

I am trying to connect an old Pioneer turntable to my PC speakers (Klipsch Promedia 2.1) through my PC. The turntable is currently connected to a Sony STR-V15 receiver. The receiver has a 1/4" headphone jack. I was thinking that I could grab a 1/4" to 1/8th" jack adapter and connect the headphone jack on the receiver to the line-in jack on my PC, which would then connect to my Klipsch Promedia 2.1 via the 1/8" green headphone/speaker jack on my PC.

My concern is that either the receiver will fry my motherboard or the power from the receiver added to the power that the Promedia system adds will fry my speakers. I was wondering if this setup would work and would not damage any of the components?

Also, is there a better way of doing this? I can buy different adapters and other small things, but I don't have the cash to buy a new turntable, receiver, or speakers (well, speakers I can pick up, but would rather save the cash if at all possible).

If it matters I have Windows 8.1, ASRock Z87M Extreme 4 motherboard with Realtek ALC1150 onboard audio.

Thank you for reading.