Solved! Help connecting two receivers

Jan 15, 2021
I have two receivers, one that has a red white RCA audio input, and one that has a USB input and an AUX input.
I want to use both together because I have 6 speakers and the total resistance of the 6 is bigger than what each receiver can handle,
but I can't think of a way to connect them.
My initial thought was to get a bluetooth receiver, with an AUX splitter and connect both receivers to it, but one receiver doesn't have an AUX input or a RCA.
Second thought was to connect the receiver who does have an AUX input to the other receiver speaker output, but I understand that I need some type of resistor to get the voltage down,
do you guys have an idea what can I do? or what resistor I need?

Solution
Get an audio splitter and route the audio to the inputs on the two receivers. RCA input and the AUX input should be the same type of signal.
Mar 13, 2021
I’m assuming you’re passing a two channel PCM signal so proper delay/phase alignment shouldn’t be too much of an issue, however you may notice the audio output being out of sync with the video at times. If either receiver has manual distance/delay settings or lip sync settings it’s an easily correctable problem. What exactly are you trying to do? What are the six speakers you’re running rated at for nominal impedance? You could always wire them in series or parallel if need be. In all reality if you’re attempting to jerry rig some sort of 5 or 6 channel home theater type setup you’re just going to get multiple stereo pairs of speakers in relation to output. If you look on Craigslist in your area I’m sure there’s a plethora or older Marantz, Denon, NAD or even Onkyo/Integra receivers that you can generally pick up for $50-$60 for an older 5.1/6.1 AVR. Obviously it won’t have Dolby Atmos/DTS:X/Aura 3D, 4K, HDR10 or Dolby Vision and more than likely won’t have any sort of Room EQ system but it’ll have a TOS-link optical input as well as plenty of analog RCA inputs and possibly even a 5.1 RCA input. You’ll be able to enjoy streamlined and gain matched sound from all 6 of your speakers as opposed to 3 sets of speaker pairs all outputting the same stereo signal which in terms of acoustical enjoyment isn’t any better than a single pair of well positioned and placed stereo speakers.