Help: Get apps/ media to play from external SD (Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2)

Smythius

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
I have a Galaxy S5 running KitKat 4.4.2 and the phone is rooted. I am new to the Android OS and need some help with permissions and getting my files to actually work from the SD card. I have a 128GB external SD card but once I move an app or movie from the internal storage to the SD card the phone says the file is no longer supported or the app just wont play.

On a side note, does anyone know where I can find a custom ROM to flash so that the OS underlines misspelled words w/ the red squiggly line?

Thanks in advance
(Phone is a Galaxy S5 Active on AT&T, Model: SAMSUNG-SM-G870A ver. G870AUCU1ANE4)

Smythius

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014

What MOD OS are you using? I have tried using Kies3 as well as taking the SD card out and moving them via PC. I believe I had a corrupt SD card

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Idkbruh69 Android Smartphones 0
F Android Smartphones 0
A Android Smartphones 1
F Android Smartphones 1
B Android Smartphones 1
J Android Smartphones 1
K Android Smartphones 1
I Android Smartphones 1
T Android Smartphones 1
D Android Smartphones 1
H Android Smartphones 1
1 Android Smartphones 1
F Android Smartphones 1
C Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 1
V Android Smartphones 1
N Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 1
T Android Smartphones 1
R Android Smartphones 1
Similar threads
Question When I try to send a picture on any Social media like Instagram, Snapchat,Discord etc... after clicking the gallery all the pictures and vi
Question Galaxy s10e: Notifications do not make sound unless media is playing
How to fix android.process.media error on Galaxy S5, along with no media sound?
Solved! I have a problem. Why does my sd card only accepts media file?? How can i fix this??i need to store some apps on it (Samsung s
Ive deleted my media on sd card
Trying to open media file but says not supported
How can i get a friend number in different continents?
Lg v20 media problems
how do i download whatssapp media to sd card in mobicel r9 lite
How to Automatically Transfer Media from device's internal storage to an SD card.
My speaker doesn't have any problem bt ring tone not getting and YouTube vedio sound also bt phone media have sound
How do i move the media in external to internal memory? Where is this located? And how do I change it?
Verizon cloud old media pics is gone
I can't upload and download media to,or from any social media
Sorry this media file
How to avoid kids installing new apps on mobile phones
How to change PIN for Media Volume Limiter?
I used folder mount app and mouted ma whats app folder to sd card.. now I can't download and send media in what's app how do I
Cant Transfer Media from Internal to External storage
When I want to move my media files from my Samsung Galaxy S4 internal phone storage to my external SD card, I keep getting an

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS