help getting rid of adcash.com malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

alonmach

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
hey guys and gals,

I've been getting these annoying pop ups from adcash.com in chrome (i don't use other browsers)

i don't remember installing anything suspicious in the last few weeks. I've ran full scan with eset smart security, malewarebytes anti-malware and spybot, and all found nothing.

I've looked for tutorials online and none seem to help (i checked around 10 of them)

please help, this is REALLY annoying

Solution
thanks everyone, problem solved.

Apparently the "My Downloads" extension was removed from the chrome store at some point and started loading the adcash site

mikac2014

Estimable
Jul 14, 2014
One of the ways:
1.Open Google Chrome
2.type in the address bar: http://chrome:extensions or (Goto the 3 stripes in the top right corner, select Settings and on the left side: Extensions)
3.Remove Media Watch, Media Player, Media View, BetterSurf, WebExp Enhanced extension by clicking the trash can trash_can_icon_google_chrome icon, right next to the browser extension.
4.Restart Google Chrome
For Windows 7
Go to Control Panel, Uninstall my programs and unninstall Media Watch, Media Player, Media View, BetterSurf, WebExp Enhanced and that's it~!
For better results, do both of these.

alonmach

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013

i dont see any of these no in the remove programs and not in extensions

aldan

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
download and run the following programs from my bleeping computer.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/
run a scan and get rid of whatever they come up with.

alonmach

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013

ran both, neither found something concrete.

problem still persists

alonmach

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013

adw found 2 registry keys "coupling" or something. They were removed and nothing's changed. the other found nothing.

aldan

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
well damn its a stubborn one.i found this guide for removal here.if you follow the steps in order it should work for you.if all else fails you can reset your browser to defaults.it talks about this as well.hope it works for you.
http://www.fixyourbrowser.com/removal-instructions/remove-adcash-com-pop-virus-removal-guide/

alonmach

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013

the only thing that worked is resseting the browser settings. turning the extensions on afterwards returned the problem, so at least it's down to that. Weird though because i've been using these extensions for a long time.
this is what i use: Ideas on the culprit anyone?
Adblock Pro
Flashcontrol
My Downloads
IDM integration Module
Google Docs
Tom's Hardware extension

alonmach

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
thanks everyone, problem solved.

Apparently the "My Downloads" extension was removed from the chrome store at some point and started loading the adcash site

Solution

wuilun

Estimable
Nov 16, 2014

How do you solved the issue? Please share the steps.
Thanks

b3020711

Estimable
Nov 17, 2014
@wuilun and all others who are seeking a solution to this issue.

Actually mikac2014 had given the correct solution, apart from that one should also check programs like media video player with files like sysctl.exe & winsys.exe, best video player with file like systemsearch.exe, and easy video player with files like systemengine32.exe and topengine.exe.

If the problem still persist than you can see in the extension list that alonmach posted and you will find a name "adblock pro", that's also one of the culprit.

Hope this helps.

Peace & Blessings.

s7815

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
I'm having the same problem, except that there ARE NO extensions in Chrome or suspicious programs in my control panel. Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro both say I'm clean...and yet - I continue to have tons of annoying pop-ups in Chrome. Where should I look for the culprit programs?

b3020711

Estimable
Nov 17, 2014
In windows "Program Files" or "App Data" or "Program Data" folder check or find or search the folders with names like media video player, best video player, easy video player, etc (name simply doesn't matter it could have any program/folder name) sometimes they don't show in the add/remove programs but they still exist on your computer system and you have to check/find/search them and remove them manually (make sure you are also able to see the hidden files and folders), apart from that you may also check/find/search for any toolbar or search engine that you may have installed before the issue started on your computer system and if you find any, simply remove them, you should also go to Task Manager and stop any processes like (sysctl.exe, winsys.exe, systemsearch.exe, systemengine32.exe, topengine.exe, etc), also you may go to 'msconfig' (or even through CCleaner) startup and see if any unknown files are starting automatically (sysctl.exe, winsys.exe, systemsearch.exe, systemengine32.exe, topengine.exe, etc) if you find any just uncheck or disable or delete them. You may also look for programs like iwebar, shopperpro, searchprotect, youtube accelerator, youtube downloader, sense, flv player (somoto), etc or any suspicious programs from companies like goobzo, somoto, etc and if you find any, you must remove them from your computer system completely, You may also clean your Computer System "Registry" (CCleaner is a free Registry and junk-clearing utility for keeping your system clean and optimized and there are many other programs like that) and while trying Malwarebytes or any such softwares make sure you used their most prominent and professional yet "Premium" versions rather than "Trial" versions or at least a trial version with all features activated and with the latest updated database versions. Also check the "LAN Settings" of your browsers and keep it to "Automatically detect settings" unless you are using a proxy server intentionally and try to download an original Microsoft "Hosts" file and replace it with the one on your computer system, you may also try to reset and restore advanced settings (especially in internet explorer) of all your browsers to default, also with the help of CCleaner try to delete all the unwanted, junk files from your computer system, also delete the cookies and temporary internet files as well, also if needed or if possible try to uninstall all your browsers or the one that is effected (if possible delete all the user data as well), you can re-install the browsers again.

Last but not the least, you may restore your system to any restore point that was working perfectly before this popup issue started on your computer system.

Hope this helps.

Peace & Blessings.

Bumfluff

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
I went to start menu typed google and a load of stuff came up jscript files so i deleted them all has been well so far ! Start menu > Search > Type Google > Jscript Files Delete

HighDesertDirt

Estimable
Jan 3, 2015
This adcash was a such a pain! I used Malwaretips.com blog and it worked! :bounce: (http://malwaretips.com/blogs/adcash-com-removal/) This saved me a ton of headaches, so much so I made a donation.

Hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.