Help HDMI Switcher

LookSupt

Estimable
Mar 6, 2014
My Samsung 32" TV has no audio outputs. I purchased a Vizio Sound Bar and from what I read on your site, a HDMI Switcher would work. My questions are: 1. Can I connect an Apple TV to the Switcher via HDMI and the TV via HDMI. I would connect the Switcher to the sound bar via the provided coaxial cable. I'm guessing I'd have to change the source depending on what we wanted to use. And 2. will my DVD player (no HDMI port) with only RCA jacks connected to the TV work via the TV HDMI to the Switcher? I'm technological challenged so thanks for any help. Brian

Solution
Any HDMI source would work through the switcher. That would be your source selector (TV stays on one HDMI input. Your old DVD player will not work through the switcher. Options are to connect it to the TV and soundbar through alternative inputs or to get new Bluray player (there are some cheap ones out there).
Any HDMI source would work through the switcher. That would be your source selector (TV stays on one HDMI input. Your old DVD player will not work through the switcher. Options are to connect it to the TV and soundbar through alternative inputs or to get new Bluray player (there are some cheap ones out there).

Solution

LookSupt

Estimable
Mar 6, 2014

Thanks for your expertise. It will work fine as you described. I found that the DVD player works fine with the RCA cables connected directly to the sound bar. When I receive the Switcher, I'll run the coaxial cable provided, from the switcher to the sound bar and the TV and Apple TV to the Switcher. Thanks again for your help. It's appreciated. Brian