Help hooking up Bose AV28 to newer model tv

Sep 8, 2018
Hello everyone. I was given an older bose system and for the life of me I can't figure out how to connect and setup the system to my newer model tv. I tried doing alot of searches and tried many different trial and error options with no success. I would appreciate any of the help that I can get. I am a complete newbie to setting up a home theater system. I just want the sound from my tv to come out of the bose speakers. Nothing fancy.

I have a Bose AV28 media center and a Samsung UN65MU6300FXZA.

Thank you in advance.

Solution

U can, but I was talking more like THIS.

Also, where would the speakers plug into on the media center?
Well, (look at the back again), where is says SPEAKER ZONES. Look to have a special connector. So this puppy comes with its own custom speakers.
The "I just want..." may turn out not so simple.

A quick look at the back of the AV28 opens to 2 possibilities:

1. If TV has HEADPHONE_OUT, hook this up to AV28 AUX IN.
2. If TV has Optical Out, purchase an inexpensive Toslink to RF converter, and hookup to AV28 AUX DIGITAL IN.

Sep 8, 2018

There is no headphone out on the tv. Will the toslink to RF be something like this ?
https://www.amazon.com/Portta-Digital-Coaxial-Toslink-Converter/dp/B00ATNPW06/ref=asc_df_B00ATNPW06/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=223258025415&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12756320625844724357&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031485&hvtargid=pla-456962531997&psc=1

U can, but I was talking more like THIS.

Well, (look at the back again), where is says SPEAKER ZONES. Look to have a special connector. So this puppy comes with its own custom speakers.

Solution