HELP! how do you stream?

SimpleSenior

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
I hate cable tv but I dont even know what streaming is. Do I just cancel cable? I have comcast and att . I have a smart tv, smarter than me evidentially. I belong to amazon prime. How o I do this???

Solution
This is what I mean by the Prime ribbon

amazon-prime.jpg

Herc08

Respectable
Aug 6, 2016
If you have a Smart TV, 9 times out of 10, you have Amazon Prime. Just look for it in your settings. Sometimes there is a button your remote. Press it. login with your amazon info. Make sure to pick up movies with the prime ribbon and it's free for you.

SimpleSenior

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017

SimpleSenior

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
Thank you for your quick answer, I kind of know about amazon prime, but what I dont know is how to set everything up so I dont have to have cable anymore. Do I need high speed internet and what is high speed internet? Do I need to buy an antenna? Should I buy Amazon fire stick?

Herc08

Respectable
Aug 6, 2016
Ah! I understand. Yes you need high speed internet to go start streaming. Depending on your area, you will select an ISP (Cox, AT&T, Comcast, etc). You will most likely get a router. Not sure if you are home now, but if you are, then most likely you have high speed Internet. Since you have a smart TV, there really is no point in buying a Fire stick. I would really recommend taking a glance at your TV's manual to see if you have Amazon prime. If so, then the Fire stick would be a waste.

If you do have internet service, you need to connect your TV to your local network. This varies by TV model, I would again refer to the manual for more information.