HELP: I Have Forgotten My Acer BIOS Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordian

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
Ok, so awhile back, I managed to get my old Acer Aspire 5532 laptop working again. I noticed that when it started, before booting into Windows, it asked me for a password in a blue dialogue box. Now, I guessed the password correctly, and gained access to the computer.

Then, a couple months later, something odd happened. When the password dialogue box came up before boot, the keyboard would not type correctly, i.e, the letter i did not count as a letter (a piece of my password, of course) and for some reason, the Enter key counted as a character. The only way to solve this password was to use a USB keyboard to type in the password, and once in Windows the normal keyboard works fine.

Now, that is not my issue. What happened was that, one day, I decided to do away with the minor inconvenience by resetting the password in the laptops BIOS by hitting F2 immediately after power up. Once in BIOS, I maneuvered to the BIOS Password settings. now this is when my stupidity comes into play. Under reset password, I entered the new password as Enter Enter Enter, thinking I was creating a blank password, thus deleting it. As you may have guessed, I was very, very wrong. Upon reboot of the computer, I attempted to enter my new "genius" password, only to hit the Enter key and immediately "entering" nothing for the password, prompting a "Password Failure" message. And now, I can't access the BIOS anymore due to the fact that pressing F2 requires the password, again. So now I'm stuck with a password that doesn't work, and I've tried entering the old password and several "Backdoor" passwords found on the via some very shady forums.

So now my question is, how do I fix this? To add insult to injury, I've managed to lose the "eSettings Management" disc from Acer, and Acer's official "Help" site offers no support in anyway. Please, any help is greatly appreciated, as this is a rather crucial machine in my area of work, and this situation leaves me with a dysfunctional brick sitting on my desk.

Please help. Thank you,
Nordian

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS