help I spilled quite a bit of milk on my laptop haven't told my parents as they will most likely kill me help

Tomandharry3

Commendable
May 28, 2016
I spiled quite a bit of milk on my laptop so I shut it off took out the battery and cleaned as much as I could off it and left it to dry for a day turned it on and it works fine but the air coming out smells of milk and it gets hot really quickly what should I do as I'm 14 years old and haven't told my parents plz help me

Solution
drink milk+laptop :(

anyways actually check your temps. what you could feel might be wrong. also being milk,it can clog up when dry. if you can, take out the battery and power it on without any power to take out all the power inside and then open it up. see if theres any milk traces and clean it off. though that's the harder part. since it works, there is probably milk residue stuck in the laptop. good luck cleaning that :(

Try this link

Ryan_78

Estimable
Jan 17, 2016
drink milk+laptop :(

anyways actually check your temps. what you could feel might be wrong. also being milk,it can clog up when dry. if you can, take out the battery and power it on without any power to take out all the power inside and then open it up. see if theres any milk traces and clean it off. though that's the harder part. since it works, there is probably milk residue stuck in the laptop. good luck cleaning that :(

Try this link

Solution

Ryan_78

Estimable
Jan 17, 2016
hey man, just saying I'm 14 too
just tell them. sure they might be unhappy at you, but they still are your parents. and they care about you. and if you did end up messing up a laptop, just tell them. they might have s better solution even. theres nothing to hide. and theres nothing you can hide either. you learn from your mistakes and stuff.

Marquis8

Commendable
May 21, 2016

I'd have to agree. I'm 15 and I broke a HP Envy-13 and I told them I broke it, and said that I will purchase a new one with my own money. You should man up and tell them, they may even thank you for being responsible. :)

Ryan_78

Estimable
Jan 17, 2016

You and I are pretty wise for teens. XD

USAFRet

Illustrious
The only way to fix this is to take it apart and completely clean the milk residue out. Just letting it dry is not the cure.

Comparison:
Pour a bit of milk on your desk. Let it dry for a day or two.
That crap left on your desk is the same junk inside your laptop.

Tell. Dad. Now.
Your parent will be far more pissed off if the thing actually dies, rather than if it could have been fixed earlier.
The damage is done. You cannot hide it. You need to fix it.

Marquis8

Commendable
May 21, 2016
I am responsible partially due to a trait of mine: I'd take a guarantee to get a minor punishment over a 50% chance of a severe punishment. Perhaps it's just my (horrible) luck that contributed to this :p