Help I think I have a virus

AlecFuji

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
Hello, I bought this computer about a month ago. I haven't downloaded anything suspicious or haven't clicked on any sketchy links but I think I might've some how gotten a virus. At first I thought there might be something wrong with cpu or motherboard but I haven't had my computer for too long so I don't think it might be that. When I turn my computer on its super slow and it was never like that and none of the programs would respond. And when I do open programs they act normal for a couple of minutes and then they don't respond at all. Sometimes when I try to click an application like Skype or steam I can't and the whole screen freezes and the mouse on the screen makes the loading circle. And when I try and do task manager the screen turns black. I don't know what's wrong with my computer it could be a virus or something is wrong with the cpu or motherboard. Hopefully you guys can help me thanks!

Solution
Run your anti-virus programme along with Windows Defender and download MalwareBytes from www.malwarebytes.org to satisfy yourself that you've tried it all.

The slowness you describe can also be flawed a RAM stick or a failing hard disk so keep an open mind at this stage.
Run your anti-virus programme along with Windows Defender and download MalwareBytes from www.malwarebytes.org to satisfy yourself that you've tried it all.

The slowness you describe can also be flawed a RAM stick or a failing hard disk so keep an open mind at this stage.

Solution