[Help] Increase fan speed for laptop cooler

tjnguyen

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
Hey guys i just made a laptop cooler with 6 80mm fans, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835150007, good ratings good RPMs. I connected it all to a 12v ac/dc adapter, with a switch and everything, turns on and runs fine. The only problem is that it runs really slow, i even tested individual ones through the AC/DC adapter and USB. it feels like not getting any air blown, its really quiet, and feels like its not even rotating at maximum speed. Any way to increase the power of these fans? Spent a lot of time on my homemade laptop cooler and feels like i would of been better off with a real one.

G

Check the total power consumption of the fans against the rating of the power adapter you mention. The power consumption of one fan may be expressed in milliamps on the label.

G

Yeah, 12Va is the same as 12watts -- that figure is arrived at my multiplying the Voltage (6) by the Amperage (2).

raajosahan

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
Check the total power consumption of the fans against the rating of the power adapter you mention. The power consumption of one fan may be expressed in milliamps on the label.

Hi, I liked your precise answer to the person's query. I am using a single fan cooling pad purchased from the market but I feel it is running at a slow speed and my laptop heats up (does not shuts down but) considerably after using for long hours. Please advice how I may increase the speed of this fan. It draws power from USB port.