Solved! Help killing advertising

Feb 4, 2019
Hi,

Could you guys take a look at the following (short) youtube clip.
It shows the problem I am having on Windows 7. I have had this once before and a Java Update corrected it. The other day I was in Firefox and accidentally clicked on "Allow" this site access, to what, I honestly don't know. Regardless, this is where I am assuming this problem came from.

Has anyone seen this slide out advert before and how do I get rid of it please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiS2pXeFfAo

Thanks
Steve

Note: I have uninstalled Firefox and cleared the Chrome Cache and disabled Notifications in Chrome. (Updated Java)

Solution

Thank you, will do. I really appreciate the help as I'm still struggling with it.

I will get back to you.

Steve

Update:

Conspiracy is a dangerous word.
Zemana found 3 entries, 2 of which I could verify the other a suspect file left over from the Firefox removal. However I stumbled accross something curious, I'd always suspected the advertising was coming from Chrome but I couldn't prove it. But today I took a look in what processors were running. Chrome was closed on my screen, without a doubt but there was still 4 to 5 chrome processors running. What the....

I started ending the proccess of each one. The first one did nothing...
Feb 4, 2019

Hi,

Now when I get the popups, I have a "Remove Now". But it's directing me to download the SD App Extension.
Is that correct, should I install that ?

Thank you
Steve

Feb 4, 2019

Thank you, will do. I really appreciate the help as I'm still struggling with it.

I will get back to you.

Steve

Update:

Conspiracy is a dangerous word.
Zemana found 3 entries, 2 of which I could verify the other a suspect file left over from the Firefox removal. However I stumbled accross something curious, I'd always suspected the advertising was coming from Chrome but I couldn't prove it. But today I took a look in what processors were running. Chrome was closed on my screen, without a doubt but there was still 4 to 5 chrome processors running. What the....

I started ending the proccess of each one. The first one did nothing but the second one, as soon as I hit it, the Advertizing vanished.

I highly suspect the Adblocker I was using and this might have been a gift from google as I spend a lot of time on youtube. Thus far I have not seen the problem return with the uninstallation of Chrome, reboot, reinstallation. No slideout Ads thus far. Thank God as they are a pain in the butt. :)

Thanks
Gents.

Solution