HELP ! Laptop appears connected to wifi but browser won't connect. My phone is connected to same wifi no problem. ???

aylaemeria

Commendable
Mar 21, 2016
Hey,
So I have a Sony Vaio ( older model ) with windows 8. It's been working fine with the same router for several weeks, then started acting strange a few days ago. The connection appears to be fine, full bars and totally uninterrupted. Yet when I open chrome and internet explorer I get this error message DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET
I've restarted the router and laptop multiple times and done diagnostics over and over, each time they result with the same anewer - saying the server isn't responding- and I know the problem isn't with the router since my phone connects perfectly fine sitting next to the laptop.
Any thoughts? Thanks

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- First is to reset both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11
- Do test both browsers again and see if they will connect to the internet or not.
- If it will not work proceed with uninstalling/reinstalling the Wifi Adapter.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Wifi Adapter.
- Once uninstalled, reboot your laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if you'll be able to connect.

aylaemeria

Commendable
Mar 21, 2016
Hey so I reset both chrome and internet explorer but no changes.
I'm trying to understand your next suggestion of reinstalling the wifi adapter..
Could u give me a more detailed explanation please? Thank you kindly

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 4
P Laptop Tech Support 1
0 Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1