Help Me Buying a Laptop around $600. I have selected Asus X556UJ so far!

Roman_16

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
Hi, Friends! I'm using HP Probook 5330m for four years now, and it's time to replace it with a similar premium built, lightweight laptop. I need an all-rounder which:

Should run for at least 6 hours on a single charge (I have to work for long, and electricity crisis is common here)

Play heavy games like GTA 5 on HD resolution (I know I can't play it on Full-HD or 4K under $600),

Slim and Lightweight (like my old HP Probook 5330m)

Premium and Durable (like HP Probook 5330m)

I know that I'm praising my old laptop HP Probook 5330m so much but believe me, it is worthy of it. I have used it in really harsh conditions (some falls, dust, it was under my pillow and sometimes under me when I slept while using it ;) ) and it never quit. No problems at all. Good security. New games need some heavy graphics, plus my laptop battery life is getting worst (1 hour only). If it weren't for these, I wouldn't change it.
So far, I have selected:
Asus X. Series X556UJ
See: https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/X556UJ/

It has Nvidia 940M, Full HD resolution, 7 hours battery, i7 U 6500U Processor/ i5 6200U, all ports, 8 to 12GB RAM

Help me suggesting any better than this under $600 or somewhere near it. Thanks! Looking forward to your reply. :)

Solution
The laptop is good but I do worry about noise and heat as that laptop is thin and is not designed for gaming. I don't think it will be as good as your probook in term of longitivety.

JeffDaemon

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
No idea about battery life, I am sure if you went battery saver mode you could do it. As far as gaming, yea that video card can do gta5 1080p on high settings. My 745m does 1080p with the high textures but draw distance and details are lower, it looks like a high resolution PS3.

Roman_16

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016

Any other laptop you recommend?

Note, if the manufacturer states it has a 7 hour battery life, then that is under the absolute optimistic conditions and does not reflect actual daily usage. You actually need to read reviews that does some type of battery tests to get an idea what the possible "average usage" battery life could be. "Average usage" does not include playing games.

Roman_16

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016

I'm not that much concerned with the heat and noise. I will buy a cooler pad to solve that. I love gaming laptops but they are expensive and bulky. I selected this as it's an all-rounder, perfect in every aspect.

Do you recommend me any other laptop?