garukno

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
my budget is $3000

i want some powerful notebook for use about 2-3 years before i change again
must have on the notebook:
- 17 inch screen
- decent sound
- have a cool temp when playing game (my problem with notebook when playing game is i feel uncomfortable in my left hand)
- dual HDD slot (optional)
- full keyboard layout

Solution
Heating is the biggest issue, but it's a great looking product and I've heard great things about the performance. I personally like the aesthetic appeal of the Razor Blade Pro.

I'd also check some of MSI's new offerings like the GT70, those laptops are beasts.

If you want to play around with a custom-built laptop solution, check out our site ;)

(http://www.ibuypower.com/Site/Gaming-Laptop)

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
Well 3000 dollars can get to a great machine. You could get a loaded Alienware 17 for that or even a Alienware 18. The 18 has SLI graphics which during gaming will run hotter then a single GPU. During non gaming the discrete may no be needed which says battery life and runs cooler.

You have a lot of options with that budget.

Clevo - P150SM-A or P157SM-A is a stable machine. It starts at about $1k and you can upgrade it.
Asus - G750Jx - The G750 series is pretty powerful and good at cooling. They're not as upgrade friendly as Clevo, but they are very good systems.
MSI - The GT series is also pretty powerful and not very difficult to upgrade. Out of the these three systems, the MSI GT series has the best speakers and the best keyboard.

garukno

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013

how about Razer Blade Pro?
would you recommended it?

Heating is the biggest issue, but it's a great looking product and I've heard great things about the performance. I personally like the aesthetic appeal of the Razor Blade Pro.

I'd also check some of MSI's new offerings like the GT70, those laptops are beasts.

If you want to play around with a custom-built laptop solution, check out our site ;)

(http://www.ibuypower.com/Site/Gaming-Laptop)

Solution