Help me customize specs for new laptop?

Chloeazule91

Estimable
Jan 5, 2015
I'm probably getting a lenovo thinkpad t440s. Here's the link, under product specs you can select the specs you want, idk which to choose, can someone pick for me?
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/t-series/t440s/

I'll use it for light gaming (sims 4), casually using graphics programs (like blender), browsing web/watching YouTube, and school (programming/writing papers, needs portability)

Can you help me pick the best specs for my needs? I don't know enough about specs to pick? I want to run games well so thinking about i7, but is it worth it since it has an integrated graphics card so gaming won't be good anyway?

I'll be keeping it for 5-6 years so want specs that won't get outdated

Under $1500 please

Solution
already at that price i would higly recommend you looking at the Y50-70 instead. the thinkpad series are business minded so specs are kind of not important for those models. the main reason to get a thinkpad is durability and decent mobility. the thinkpad doesn't even come with a dedicated GPU which is a must for gaming.

the Y50 is pretty durable. it's an extreme value Laptop. for about 1000 you get a 1TB HDD, a Nvidia GTX860m, FHD screen. I7 4th Gen. backlit keyboard, slick design, low weight and a decent battery life.

when looking at laptops you shouldn't expect their specs to be up to date for more than a year. the only pc parts that has the "future proofing" is Desktop components since they can be replace and are generally much...

Morten Jespersen

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
already at that price i would higly recommend you looking at the Y50-70 instead. the thinkpad series are business minded so specs are kind of not important for those models. the main reason to get a thinkpad is durability and decent mobility. the thinkpad doesn't even come with a dedicated GPU which is a must for gaming.

the Y50 is pretty durable. it's an extreme value Laptop. for about 1000 you get a 1TB HDD, a Nvidia GTX860m, FHD screen. I7 4th Gen. backlit keyboard, slick design, low weight and a decent battery life.

when looking at laptops you shouldn't expect their specs to be up to date for more than a year. the only pc parts that has the "future proofing" is Desktop components since they can be replace and are generally much better than their laptop counterparts. but then ofc a dekstop isn't portable at all.

back to the Y50. it comes in 3-4 variants: I5+HDD, I7+HDD, I7+SSHD, I7+SSHD+blue-ray.

all of them come with the 860m in either the 2Gb variant or the 4Gb variant and they all have a dvd drive with the exception of the most expensive one which has a blue-ray.

all in all there is alot of products with pretty decent specs for that price range. just look at 3rd party destributers instead of the actual producer of the pc and look for consumer models instead of business models like the thinkpad series and pretty much any HP laptop.

Solution