Help Me Get The Right Laptop?!

ZealFied

Estimable
Feb 17, 2014
So, i was thinking of getting a laptop. The purpose is to replace my desktop and go mobile.
There are three things i do on my desktop and the laptop should do all three of them flawlessly.
1. Making Music (Fl Studio)
2. Editing Videos (Windows Movie Maker)
3. Playing Games (Team Fortress 2 & CS : GO)

Now what im thinking about getting is a Corei7 + 8GB RAM + 1TB HDD + Windows 10 + GDDR5 Dedicated GFX.
But in my budget i have seen few laptops and they dont have GDDR5 GFX so i have to settle with GDDR3 GFX. which is fine with me if above three things works without a problem.

There is another thing which i can do, but i'll talk about it later. For now i have these laptops in my budget:

1.HP 15 - AY075 (This one seems good, but it doesnt have windows)(PKR 66,000/- or USD 629.80/-)
*6th Gen Corei7 2.5Ghz
*8GB RAM
*1TB HDD
*2GB Dedicated GFX
*DVD RW.
*DOS

2.HP 15 - AC149 (This one has windows but 500GB HDD & 4GB RAM)(PKR 62,500/- Or USD 596/-)
*6th Gen Corei7 2.5Ghz
*4GB RAM
*500GB HDD
*2GB Dedicated GFX
*DVD RW
*Windows 10

3. HP 15 - AY014 (This one has everything i want but its slightly out of my budget)(PKR 68,000/- or USD 648/-)
*6th Gen Corei7 2.5Ghz
*6GB HDD
*1TB HDD
*AMD Radeon™ R7 M440 * GDDR3 2GB Dedicated GFX*
*DVD RW
*Windows 10

AND

the other option is to get a second hand/used Laptop or Mac Book. the problem on used one is that there is no warranty, some are giving 1 week warranty.

Used Laptop:

1. ASUS Zen Book (The only upper hand this laptop has is its sleek and beautiful like mac book air)(PKR 38,000/- or USD 362/-)
*3rd Gen Corei5
*4GB RAM
*180 SSD
*Touch Screen
*Windows 8

2ef4a3r.png

2.Lenovo Yoga 2 (Its slim and well build but is it good for me??)(PKR 53,500/- or USD 510/-)
*4th Gen Corei7
*4GB RAM
*128SSD
*360 Rotate
*Touchscreen
*Backlit Keyboard

1492y6a.jpg

Used Mac Book:

1. Mac Book Air:

Option 1: Corei5 2nd Gen + 128Gb SSD + 4GB RAM + 11" Display + Integrated GFX + Mid 2011 Model = PKR 52,000/- Or USD 496/-

Option 2: Corei5 + 8GB RAM + 256 SSD + 2012 Model = PKR 65,000/- Or USD 620/-
15hxsvr.jpg

Option 2 MacBook Air was in near brand new conditon.

2. Mac Book Pro:

Option1: Corei5 2nd Gen + 500 SDD + 4GB RAM + Super Drive + 13.3" Display + Integrated GFX + Mid 2011 Model = PKR 48,000/- Or USD 458/-

Option 2: Corei7 2nd Gen. + 10GB RAM + 500GB SSD + 13.3" Display + Integrated GFX + Mid 2011 Model: PKR 60,000/- Or USD 572/-

Option 3: Corei5 2nd Gen + 8GB RAM + 500GB SSD + Mid 2010 Model = PKR 43,000/- or USD 410

Now im confused what to get according my needs, I can get used but than it doesnt have any warranty. please give me a good advise.

Greetings, ZealFied:

Well, that's certainly a lot of machines to consider. From your information I conclude that your budget is around $600. If the warranty offered on used devices is 1 week, or none at all, those devices are essentially throw-away gadgets, even if it's a MacBook. So let's consider the 3 new HPs.

Apart from the RAM, they are almost identical. More RAM is preferable, of course, but depending on who and what you are (student, businessman or regular consumer) 4GBs might very well be enough. HP no. 1 seems to have no OS, right? How much would an OS (Windows) add to the price? Of course, you could use Linux for free. HP no. 2 seems to be the one to go for, if you're a regular consumer doing standard web surfing. HP no. 3 is the best of the lot, but 'slightly' out of reach, as you said.

With the information available, I'd say go for HP no. 2.

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

ZealFied

Estimable
Feb 17, 2014
Yes, i was also think of that spending alot of money on used product is plain stupidity. You dont even know if its going to break down the very next day.
Secondly i can not get a laptop without windows.
Because than ill be out of money and ill have to install a pirated windows *which i dont wanna do* and lets be honest once you get the pirated windows you will never buy licensed windows.
Option no 3 is very much out of my budget, even after alot of bargaining he might get to 65000. Which is still out of my budget. The total amount i can spend on laptop is 60,000 or USD 600.
But the thing is that, even if i get money from somewhere Is that laptop good for me??
I mean will fl studio work properly after loading 5 to 6 vsti and 7 to 8 plugins & samples.
And the video editing, is this laptop capable of editing 1080p videos??
Gaming is not a problem i guess teamfortress 2 & counter strike GO will work fine.. Some other games might work also crysis 2 & saint row iv gta iv etc. Even if these other games wont work i dont care i have a desktop. I just want it to play team fortress 2 & CS Go.
And what about the graphics processor is it good??

Well, it seems you're not a regular consumer after all :)

Given this new information, HP no. 2 is likely to struggle to keep up with your requirements, but you could consider buying it now and saving up for some extra RAM later on. We know this model supports up to 8GBs, and they all have powerful i7 Skylake CPUs. The GPU is decent and will see you through TF2 and CS:GO, but you shouldn't tax it any further than that.

In short, HP no. 3 remains out of reach, and HP no. 1 entails the added cost of an OS, so I guess I'm still going to say HP no. 2 is the one.

Best of luck,
GreyCatz.