Help me please!!

techmouse3

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
Hello,
my laptop is very old and when i try to play audio it says "no audio output device installed". how can i fix this? some sites said that i needan out put driver but i have no clue what they are alking about.

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
a driver is a piece of software that allows your computer to interact with a hardware device, which in this case would be speakers. If your laptop can't seem to find your audio device, you most likely don't have the proper audio driver installed. These are easy to find though - you just need to find the laptop model and then google it.

One of the first couple results should be the manufacturer's website, where there'll likely be a "downloads" or "support" section - this is where you can find missing drivers. Click on/expand that section and look for an audio driver. Download it, and once it downloads, unzip it (if it needs to be), and then double-click the "setup" icon. That should take you through an installation-wizard that will install the audio driver. Reboot when done. That's my best bet! Best of luck man

-audioranger