Help me to build my new Home Cinema!

RubEma

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
Hi ever one,

Please I need your help to setup my new home theater.
The picture attached will give you all the information you want.

My concerns are"

- What kind of cables (HDMI, Fiber HDMI….), do I need to get 4K@60HZ image from my (computer to my projector through the denon receiver)?
- Also can the J-Tech Digital HDBaseT, do the trick?
- Which of the above will save me some money?
- Should both Hdmi cables (From computer to AVR and from AVR to projector)

Thank you and I appreciate your advice.

Best,

Setup.jpg
[/url][/img]

Solution
The is no right order. You will have to try different orders. Some projectors are fussy other aren't. You may need to switch to another active input and back to the projector on the receiver.
I like to use my projector as a 2nd screen so I can watch content on it and have another display for finding files or using a browser at the same time.
If your are running cables to the projector in the walls I would run a good quality HDMI cable and two CAT6e (as backups).
The HDbaseT CAT converters are the best kind but I would go for HDMI first. Doesn't have to be a crazy expensive one but something better than the cheapest you can find.
Before you run the HDMI cable connect it as you would normally use it and make sure it works OK. It's very common to have handshake problems so the order you turn on the projector and receiver and boot the PC can affect that.

RubEma

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017

Hi americanaudiphile,

Thank you for your answer.
Actually i ordered 2 from this cable (RUIPRO HDMI Fiber Cable). One from my PC to the Receiver and the other one is from the receiver to the projector.
So what is the right order to turn the devices, so i will not have the handshake problems?

Best,

The is no right order. You will have to try different orders. Some projectors are fussy other aren't. You may need to switch to another active input and back to the projector on the receiver.
I like to use my projector as a 2nd screen so I can watch content on it and have another display for finding files or using a browser at the same time.

Solution