Help Me To Choose Good Camera For Shooting Videos

RahulIan

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015
Hello,

Purpose is:

1. To make educational (whiteboard teaching) Youtube Videos where I'll teach on the whiteboard using marker. (I've no concern to shoot photos).

2. I will shoot indoor, and have low light

3. Video will be upto 12 - 20 mins long.

4. Prefer to have good quality video 1080p

I want crystal clear, crisp video quality

Budget: $448 for camera
FYI: I spared additional budget for lighting and external mic.

DSLR: I shortlisted these dslr (available in my region) & all come under my budget:

Nikon D3300 24.1MP AF-S 18-55 mm VR II Kit Lens
Nikon D5200 24.1MP AF-S 18-55 mm VR II Kit Lens
Nikon D3400 24.2 MP AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens Kit

Canon IXUS 175 Digital Camera
Canon IXUS 180 Digital Camera
Canon EOS 1200D 18MP with 18-55mm and 55-250mm IS II Lens
Canon EOS 1300D 18MP 18-55mm ISII Lens
Canon EOS 700D 18MP with 18-55mm and 55-250mm IS II Lens

Sony Alpha A58Y 20.1MP with 18-55 & 55-200mm Lens (SLT-A58Y)
Sony Alpha A5000L 20.1MP with 16-50mm Lens

Personally, I prefer 180 degree flip screen which Nikon D5200, Canon EOS 700D have as I can see myself while shooting video even if camera is far from me, just a preference to increase productivity as I shoot individually..

Please suggest me which model is good from the above DSLR list for shooting videos
(FYI: I don't have any requirement to shoot photo as I explained above). I just want crystal clear video quality without any noise in low light as I'm going to shoot indoor. (FYI: I'd do buy lights but I request you still keep low light thing in mind while suggesting me)

--
Thanks

Solution
I have shot some video with the Canon 650D (T4i) and I like the video quality. I also have a Canon 700D (T5i) but have not shot any video with it yet. But since there are only minor differences between the 650D and the 700D (same image sensor on both) I would think the video quality would be just as good on the 700D as it is with the 650D. If you would like I could send you a link, via private message, to some of the video I have shot with the 650D.

shouthouse

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
60D from ebay will get you around 450 and you'll be very happy with it. It has a flip screen and will shoot 1080p at 24p. Not a full frame but you wont get that at that price range.

Also, you say you want no noise because you'll be in low light indoors. This is just not very possible with the low level DSLRs you're talking about. You're going to get noise in low light no matter what digital camera, it's just about how much.

RahulIan

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015

1. Thanks, I don't have much knowledge but it seems you suggested me a very good camera. But 60D is very expensive (just checked it) after import duty it will cost me more than double price of my budget so I'm trying to find the solution under available cameras in my budget:

I'd try to arrange inexpensive lights which may resolve light issue

FYI: In my above list, Nikon D5200, Canon EOS 700D both have flip screen, will they do the work based on my requirement (here's the specifications of both the cameras http://bit.ly/2f9xZH1
http://bit.ly/2exLyhw
in case if you'd like to see...

Is there any camera you can suggest me from the list of cameras, I mentioned above, Please have a look at list? It'd be great help :)

2. If I get iPhone 6 (which also comes under this budget) will it do, some people say it has good camera?

shouthouse

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
I was writing my response assuming we were in the same country. My apologies, if you had been it would have been a fantastic option.

Yes the iPhone has a great camera and for what you're doing it may work fine, but you will have no real control over zoom so you will have to find a spot for the phone. It also does very well in low light and if you get a plus then you have optical image stabilization which is nice for moving shots... but you're not doing much camera movement so it's moot I suppose.

Both the Nikon and Canon would be great cameras as well so I think at that point you should choose one that fits your budget or that you can get a good deal on. If you can get the Nikon cheaper than the Canon get the Nikon. If not you will be happy with the 700D. Neither have stabilization but you can get lens that do that.

I have shot some video with the Canon 650D (T4i) and I like the video quality. I also have a Canon 700D (T5i) but have not shot any video with it yet. But since there are only minor differences between the 650D and the 700D (same image sensor on both) I would think the video quality would be just as good on the 700D as it is with the 650D. If you would like I could send you a link, via private message, to some of the video I have shot with the 650D.

Solution