Help me to unlcok cores AMD Phenom II X2 560

windows84u

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
Hello,
This is my first post here.
Please help me to unlock AMD Phenom II X2 560 cores. I tried to unlock with automatic ( using motherboard core unlocker ) and manually
BIOS - Advance Clock Calibration > all cores > CPU Core control Manual.
But when i enable windows 7 dosent boot at all.
I searched all forum i found it shows 4 cores. But when i try to unlcok manually it shows me 8 cores.exclamation.gif
I want to know how many cores AMD Phenom II X2 560 have ?
I also turned of 4 cores and tried to boot but but no effect.
I am using ASUS M5A78L-M LE motherboard.
Please help me....

steddora

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
From what I see it's a luck of the draw really. Sometimes you'll just be able to unlock two cores and have a quad core that runs perfect. Other times you'll have a processor that has two cores completely disabled as bad cores and sometimes you'll unlock them and they won't work properly. From what I've read they have 2 or 4 cores.

Here's my suggestion..

Try unlocking to a Quad core, if it doesn't work then try unlocking only a single core so you have a tri-core. If that still doesn't work; take it back to 2 cores and call it a day and learn about voltages and you can take a more advanced approach. Either way, I just did some quick looking with google as this post interested me. There's a billion different pages to read about this and I'm sure there's a lot you can learn. :)