Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen Kirm

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
Hello OS experts.
I got a stupid school project because i was ''bad'' or something.
Profesor told me to make a project about algorithm who is used in MS DOS.
There are two algorithms in MS DOS. The first one is Linear, but i have to describe a second one. I have no idea what a name of second algorithm in MS DOS is so hopefully i'll get some help from OS pros on tom's hardware forum. I'd appreciate that ...
At least i'd like to know a name of second algorithm, also url's are welcome.
Been in school library but no luck ... This second algoritm is susposed to be described in some old books ...

Any ideas how to save my life ? Also sorry for my bad english tho.

Alen Kirm

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013

Actually there is a catch ... there is no SECOND ALGORITHM described anywhere else than in book. Thats what teacher said.

I'm beginning to suspect your teacher is trolling you. It's very very unlikely that there is anything not described elsewhere.

Only exception would be if your teacher stuck a sticky note (or wrote) somewhere in the relevant book to test that you read it and didn't cheat (like you're trying to).

Alen Kirm

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013

Cheating on my homework? Dude i just asked what is a name of the second algorithm which one is used in MS DOS.

Ijack

Distinguished
The question you asked is totally meaningless. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of algorithms used in MS-DOS.

If your teacher says that this algorithm is described in oly one book then it must be a book that you have access to. We can't possibly know what books you have access to. I suspect that you have completely misuderstood what you are being asked to do as your question is nonsensical. Perhaps you should reconsider whether computer science is for you.

Well if the teacher told you that then why are you looking on a forum. Open the book and READ it.

Alen Kirm

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013

I've been in school library today but there was about 10 books about computers ... Nothing usefull

Alen Kirm

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013

I know what algorithm is. I am just trying to find a name of a second algorithm which one is in MS DOS. Once i find it (hopefully with your help) i'll start ''diging'' further.

Alen Kirm

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013

Wooow such interesting answers from you. I dont even care how many algorithms were used in MS DOS ... He said there were 2. He named the first one, mentioned i have to find a second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.