Help needed on placing subwoofer near LED TV

SRBreloaded

Estimable
Apr 20, 2014
I intend to place my sub woofer of 5.1 system (which I'm going to buy in 2-3days) next to my LED TV on the shelf.
29w8si0.jpg

When i place it at the sides i will be having a gap of 5-10cm between them.

My only concern is whether this arrangement will effect my LED TV or not, if yes how bad it will be?

TV is wall mounted as you can see, and woofer placement will be at sides where small speakers are present now (i.e., on the shelf/cupboard only)

Assume the sub woofers to be not magnetically shielded?

Bass in not a big concern for me, i can place the woofers at the floor right below the TV during "HEAVY BASS ONLY" time (Also, is this placement safe too?). I cant place it on the floor all the time due to presence of children at home.

Thanks,

-srb

Solution
A normal domestic subwoofer will be fine next to the TV and won't cause any damage but you will get better audio quality if you have it on the floor when the volume is high as the cupboards below the TV may cause a boominess to the bass and also you may get rattles.

SRBreloaded

Estimable
Apr 20, 2014

Thanks and also whether the vibrations from woofer effect tv screen like screen cracking,etc., (when placed next to tv) and kept at higher volumes?

makkem

Distinguished
A normal domestic subwoofer will be fine next to the TV and won't cause any damage but you will get better audio quality if you have it on the floor when the volume is high as the cupboards below the TV may cause a boominess to the bass and also you may get rattles.

Solution

SRBreloaded

Estimable
Apr 20, 2014

Thank you.
Actually i bought the TV just a week back, so i was just a bit over-curious about speakers...