Question Help needed to recover my Facebook account

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodion15

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
I restored my Android phone and from there I couldn't use Facebook any more, as I used the phone to do the Two-Factor Authentication. I tried uploading my passport on the phone and on three computers (Android phone, Mac and Windows) by taking a picture with the device camera, but it won't work as the picture is never taken (I trying lighting the ID with a torch, etc, also displaying it on an screen, to no avail).

I've created another account with the same credentials (email address, phone etc) that I'm using now, but I would really like to recover my usual lifelong account.

I wonder if there's some way to recover my account.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks, it seems I managed to upload my ID this time, not sure it took it, the website showed no feedback.

Facebook support for highjacked accounts is basically a black hole of ignoring you. I have personally had to deal with it when my son's account got broken into and all they kept doing is asking for his info, etc.. none of which ended up in a resolution. He just had to create a new account.

rodion15

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
Facebook support for highjacked accounts is basically a black hole of ignoring you. I have personally had to deal with it when my son's account got broken into and all they kept doing is asking for his info, etc.. none of which ended up in a resolution. He just had to create a new account.
That seems to be true, I received an email asking to send facebook a photo ID, but it doesn't say how to send it, the email is a no-reply address, and the link provided doesn't provide any upload link nor email address.

I wonder why Facebook does something so crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.